BabyRescue - RUBY
- Bag weighs 3 lbs
- Made from the same materials used in U.S.
emergency response equipment
- Water resistant outer layer
- Safety top closes securely
- 60-foot grip line safe up to 5 stories
- Soft design conforms to baby’s body
- Breathable mesh section
- Materials tested to 300 lbs
- Recommended weight limit 75 lbs
If you use your BABYRESCUE in an emergency, send us the incident number and we will replace it for free.
USE, STORAGE AND SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Failure to follow these instructions and safety precautions when using BABYRESCUE could result in serious injury or death.
INTENDED USE: BABYRESCUE in not intended to replace the traditional, more important safety techniques in fires such as fire drills, emergency exit plans, smoke alarms, and fire extinguishers. BABYRESCUE should only be used to lower a baby/child from an upper floor window or balcony to safety when other means of escape are not available.
IMPORTANT! The BABYRESCUE rescue bag is not heat or fire resistant so you cannot use if you need to lower the baby/child near or through flames!
This device is to be used in one fire event only. After use, contact Safety International, LLC for a free replacement.
Do not use for a baby/child that is more than 75 lbs.
The grip-line attached to the rescue bag is approximately 60 feet long (approximately 5 stories). Estimate the distance from your lowering location to a safe landing (the ground or where rescue personnel are located) and do not use if you cannot safely lower your baby/child to that safe landing.
STORAGE: BABYRESCUE has been carefully assembled so that it will properly deploy when needed.
Your BABYRESCUE unit is packaged within an outer nylon pouch. If you open this outer pouch to inspect your BABYRESCUE, be careful not to uncoil the grip-line. It has been packed and secured for easy deployment. It is safest to keep this grip-line in a ready-state for safe deployment. If the grip-line does become unwound, please re-secure it per original packaging.
Store BABYRESCUE near where it will be used. Do not store BABYRESCUE in direct sunlight, a damp environment, or at elevated temperatures.
IMPORTANT! Prepare an escape plan and practice the plan!
USE: In the event of a fire, smoke, or other emergency:
- Call 911!
- Bring your baby or child into the room where you need to lower them to safety.
- Close the door of the room you are in BEFORE opening the window.
Then do the following:
- Remove rescue bag from outer nylon pouch. Open rescue bag and place baby/child inside.
IMPORTANT! Comply with weight restrictions!
- Completely close the top of the bag.
IMPORTANT! Baby could fall out if this is not done!
- Remove and uncoil the grip-line. Make sure the grip-line is not tangled.
- While holding onto grip-line, lower the bag hand-over-hand from the window/balcony to a safe landing below.